A busy, dynamic IT Services company in London and Woodstock Cape Town requires number of engineers to join our team ranging from Tier 1 all the way up to Tier 3, so if you think your experience fits in, then please send us your CV.
Our team is very technical and you will have the opportunity to get involved with all aspects of IT from basic to advanced solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties
Job role (Based in Cape Town)
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line email, phone and remote support to our client’s base in the UK, Europe, Asia, US and South Africa.
- Visiting client sites to install/configure or troubleshoot and fix issues.
- Troubleshoot and fix IT hardware including PC’s, laptops, printers, servers.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and fix most Microsoft technologies as well as other third party systems.
- Get involved with senior engineers to deliver complex projects.
- Possibility to travel abroad and work between offices for short periods.
- Be willing to work flexible hours in order to provide support for clients in the UK, Europe, US and Asia.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experienced in Windows Server (2003/2008/2012) and Desktop operating systems (XP, Windows 7 and 8)o Key skills: in-depth troubleshooting, build, design, implementation and migrations including AD.
- Detailed knowledge and experience MS Exchange 2003/2007/2010 and other Microsoft applications.o Key skills: In-depth troubleshooting, build, design, implementation and migrations.
- Experience with applications such as Office, backup software, virus, finance, console and other mainstream 3rd party applications.
- Excellent AD knowledge and experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate confident administration.
- Knowledge and experience in structured networks, switches, wireless, firewalls and internet routers etc.
- Firewall build and implementation advantageousProven experience with various hardware platforms – HP, Dell, Sonicwall, Raid etc.
- Key skills: 2nd/3rd line troubleshooting, build, design and implementation.
- Excellent understanding of technologies such as Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IIS, VPN, GPO, Server Roles, etc.
- Mac experience advantageous.
- The aptitude and willingness to learn new software packages, systems and solutions.
- Experience with working in multi-client environments.
- Strong organisational skills, be able to prioritise varied workloads and work to strict deadlines.
- Detail orientated self-starter and excellent time management skills.
- Excellent customer facing, communications and phone skills.
- Commercially aware.
- Enthusiastic, ability to motivate others, a positive willingness to get involved and get things done
We are a fast paced and growing organisation and the successful candidate must be able and willing to get involved in a wide variety of activities that are likely to be beyond the normal definition of the above job role.
The company promotes active learning and encourages staff to develop their individual careers and believes that the environment promotes this.
The IT Team needs to operate to ensure a smooth and efficient provision of IT services to all our clients, which will encompass a broad spectrum of technology and user requirements.
If considered the candidates will be required to complete a short online technical test, face to face interview and technical practical interview