Date Listed 24/11/2014
LocationOther, Cape Town
Advertised By Agency
Job Type Full-Time
Cape Town (Cape Town), Western Cape (South Africa)
R380,000-450,000 Per Annum CTC
Permanent skilled level position in the Financial (Investment) industry.
Posted by PSS Recruitment on 24/11/2014. This opportunity exists in the Group Finance retail area. This area is responsible for the shareholder accounting for three retail companies, namely manager of collective investments; linked investment service provider; and nominee companies.
The responsibilities of this role will be (but are not limited to) the following:
- Assist in the financial and management reporting responsibilities for group finance retail team, with a specific focus on preparation of the divisions Investment Services shareholder accounts and, where appropriate, assisting with the preparation and review of the Unit Trust Management shareholder accounts.
- Building and maintaining resource capacity within the Group Finance team.
- Building and maintaining good relationship with Retail Finance team.
- Assist in providing guidance to other members of the Group Finance retail area.
Cash book and payments:
- Preparation and review of daily bank reconciliations and general cash book processing.
- Weekly cash management.
Month-end reporting and analysis:
- Preparation of journals and other information for the preparation and completion of monthly reporting packs.
- Assist in preparation of monthly reporting packs including financial statements, revenue and expense analyses, and any other relevant and useful analyses as may be required by different areas of the business.
- Involvement in annual budget setting and monthly monitoring thereof.
- Timely preparation and submission of the monthly retail margin report to Retail Finance.
- Communication with Retail Finance team to ensure all issues / questions are resolved.
Regulatory reporting (incl SARS)
- Preparation of provisional and final tax returns.
- Preparation of and assistance with VAT, DWT, Capital Adequacy Requirements and other statutory submissions.
- Provide assistance, where necessary to the other team members, as required.
- Be willing (where necessary) to get your hands dirty in assisting the team to generate its deliverables in a timely fashion.
- Where required, assist with company secretarial responsibilities, for example compilation of board meeting packs.
Year end reporting
- Ensure timely preparation of December and February year-end accounts and audit packs and financial statements and annual reports.
- Communication with external auditors to ensure all the information required and appropriate answers are provided to enable EY to meet their tight deadline.
- Assist in submission of relevant statutory returns within required time.
- Attention to detail and quick detection of errors.
- Aptitude for numbers and routine work.
- Good excel skills
- Capable of working unassisted and seeing tasks through to successful completion.
- An inherent inclination to closely follow rules and procedures.
- Fit easily into an energetic, hardworking, demanding and team orientated environment.
- Leadership qualities.
Qualifications and experience
Newly qualified CA (SA)
Experience in retail operations or financial services an advantage