Date Listed 21/11/2014
LocationCentury City, Cape Town
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
Employment Equity Non EE/AA
The House of Busby (Pty) Ltd is home to various INTERNATIONAL & ESTABLISHED brands. We are looking an Assistant Manager to join our team in Canal Walk.
The objective of the role, would be to:
- Support the store manager in all tasks that are necessary to efficiently manage the store and its team in order to maximise sales, customer service and profitability.
The job duties would include, but is not limited to the following:
- Directing and supervising all the operational functions within a store in the Managers absence.
- Being responsible for the overall image of the store in the Managers absence.
- Effectively handle emergency situations that develop in store in the Managers absence.
- Working with the store manager to provide leadership and goal setting for both one’s self and staff.
- Contributing to the training of new recruits, continuous training of existing staff, as well as, discipline, supervision and retention of qualified staff.
- Dealing with management/operations on a daily basis with regards to problems encountered in stores.
- Motivating staff to achieve daily, weekly and monthly targets.
- Delegating and follow up (the assigning of duties to subordinates, granting authority to carry out duties, following up to see that duties are carried out) in the absence of the Manager.
- Offering praise when necessary.
- Displaying good selling skills.Being a team leader.
- Showing commitment to the company as well as the tasks at hand.Monitoring working conditions, and help staff develop to their full potential.
- Dealing with customers on a daily basis.
- Maintaining a professional appearance.
- Maintaining housekeeping responsibilities.
- Contributing to merchandising of store i.e. folding, packing, unpacking etc.
- Pricing all merchandise accurately.
- Other duties assigned.
Candidate Requirements: Previous experience in a Management or Supervisory role.
Matric or a relevant retail qualification
PLEASE NOTE: Your application will not be considered if you do not meet the qualifying criteria. Should you not receive any response within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.