Date Listed 01/12/2014
LocationRobertson, Cape Winelands
Advertised By Agency
Job Type Full-Time
A luxury lodge in the Western Cape is currently recruiting for a Chef de Partie
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Formal Chefs training beneficial.
- Previous work experience in a similar environment would be an advantage
- Ability to prepare and cook and plate food to company requirements
- Ability to follow recipes
- Assist with all meals, prepare, cook and plate.
- Preparation of work areas for service
- Assist in stock controls, work to minimize wastage, assist with the recycling of kitchen waste and maintaining all work equipment.
- Responsible for keeping all work areas and outlying areas hygienically clean and safe.
- Must at all times maintain a high standard of food quality and presentation
- Helping to monitor Scullery staff in their daily duties and to assign work as necessary
- To make sure that all staff meals are properly cooked and presented in an appetizing fashion
- Stand in when Lodge chef is off.
- Training of kitchen hands/scullery.
- To look after company equipment and assets to the best of your ability
- To report any faults or maintenance issues to your supervisor timeousily
- Ensure you adhere to all Health & Safety requirements
- Promote company interests at all times