The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation’s (DTHF) mission is the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections. The DTHF works in partnership with the Western Cape Provincial Government (PGWC) on services strengthening initiatives. The “Family Planning into HIV Care and Treatment Services Project” (FPI) is one of those projects.
DTHF seeks to appoint a Data Officer to ensure the integrity of the data-management system including the FPI Projects electronic database
Key responsibility areas
· To ensure that all data collected for the project is captured timeously and correctly into the electronic access database.
· To implement the projects data quality management plan
· To extract data and statistics for reporting purposes when required
· Experience in access data base management
· Computer skills including high excel literacy
· Experience in data quality control measures
Qualifications and Experience
· Tertiary education in a related field or equivalent experience
· Minimum of 3 years work experience in a research environment or related field will be an advantage
· Proficiency in excel is essential,
· Proficiency in access database management is essential
· Understanding of the use of STATA software is an advantage
· Ability to work independently and to ensure accuracy at all times
· Report writing skills
· Management of office systems and processes
· Fluency in English and a second language
· Willingness to travel at times
· Valid driver’s licence and own vehicle
This is a fixed term, 12 month contract position which is based in Cape Town at the UCT Medical School, Anzio Road.
If you meet the criteria as set out above and are interested in the position please submit an up-to-date CV with 3 contactable references plus a letter that motivates why you are suited to the position.
Applications close: 16 June 2014
Reference number: I-2954
For enquiries, please contact Anna van Esch, on 021 650 1959, or 072 383 0970
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Foreign nationals applying for this position must submit a copy of their work permit
Please send an application letter, quoting the name of the position you are applying for and a CV which includes the names and contact details of at least two professional references to: The Human Resource Manager via email: email@example.com or facsimile: 021 633 0182by 16th June 2014.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider you application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more information about the organization please visit our website at www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za