Date Listed 24/11/2014
LocationCity Centre, Cape Town
Advertised By Agency
Job Type Full-Time
JOB SUMMARY STATEMENT:
Responsible for all financial management aspects of operations. Provide leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting and budgeting efforts.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS (DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES):
To provide leadership and direction to the finance and administration staff to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Provision of effective strategic and financial planning.
- Establish and maintain internal controls and ensure compliance with financial legislation.
- Ensure optimal deployment of resources to achieve business goals.
- Development of the finance capabilities through an effective performance management system and implementation of career development plans for finance and administration employees.
To implement financial controls to monitor business performance.
- Oversee the approval and processing of financial transactions.
- Interact with other managers to provide support to initiatives through financial management information, reports and recommendations.
- Manage the financial system ensuring that it meets the needs of the business today and for the future.
- Oversee the continuous improvement of accounting and financial processes
- Develop and oversee accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee the external audit..
- Oversee the cash management function.
- Ensure finance and operations controls and policies are being adhered to.
- Regular Consolidation and Feedback reports
To ensure the finance function is managed according to applicable legislation, GAAP and IFRS.
- To conduct financial analysis and preparation of detailed reports and statements for relevant stakeholders.
- Development and implementation of cash controls and payment authority practices.
- Respond to auditor queries concerning the finance and operations function and oversee required action to address deficiencies
- Ensure financial management reporting processes are in place to support the on-going and future needs of the business.
- Relevant Degree – Accounting / Cost Management Accounting / BCOM Accounting or similar qualification essential
- Chartered Accountant (SA)
- At least eight years related work experience at a senior level in a Financial Management role.
Please contact us for application instructions.