Date Listed 20/11/2014
LocationParow, Northern Suburbs
Advertised By Private
Job Type Part-Time
TREAD is a large, award-winning clinical trial unit and site-managed organisation attached to the Cardiology Unit, Stellenbosch University and located in Tygerberg Hospital. The site specializes in conducting studies focused on cardiovascular disease, hypertension, dyslipidaemia and diabetes.
Conduct of Research
· Reviews and develops a familiarity with the protocol.
· Assists in communication of study requirements to all individuals involved in the study.
· Works with the staff to develop and implement recruitment strategies.
· Conducts the informed consent process.
· Screen and randomize subjects for eligibility using protocol specific inclusion and exclusion criteria.
· Record medical history and concomitant medication of patient
· Perform physical exam
· Review laboratory results
· Making trial-related medical decisions
· Registers participants to the appropriate coordinating centre (if multi-site study).
· Coordinates participant tests and procedures.
· Collects data as required by the protocol.
· Medical degree: MBCHB or equivalent
· Post com-serve
· HPCSA registration
· MPS registration
· Research experience is an advantage
· GCP certificate is an advantage (training can be arranged upon successful application)
Additionally the applicant should demonstrate the following skills:
• Excellent communication skills
• Work efficiently under pressure
• Work as part of a team
To apply for this position please forward curriculum vitae with attached cover letter to Inge Vermeulen