Amazon Dev Centre South Africa
at HR & Talent Acquisition – UK
ZA, Cape Town
Amazon Dev Centre South Africa, located in Capetown, is a vibrant, global, fast moving, customer centric organization. Amazon Dev Centre South Africa is home to a number of Amazon business teams including Customer Service, Seller Services and Amazon Web Services. We are currently seeking a HR Manager to act as a strategic business partner for the Seller Support team and to implement HR best practices in an excellence focused, dynamic Business to Business support environment.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, this is the place for you. The person in this role must be able to work independently, take a hands-on approach, and interface effectively with professionals at all levels. You’ll need excellent communication and professional interpersonal skills and the ability to function in an innovative environment. You’ll need strong analytic skills and the ability to translate your clients’ business plans and goals into the human resource strategy needed to achieve results.
Amazon is seeking an exceptional talented, innovative, extremely hands-on, customer-obsessed HR professional with a passion for establishing and developing first-class HR strategies to join our highly professional HR Department.
· Ensure outstanding customer focus by delivering value-add, best in class HR support to internal customer groups in Capetown.
– Manage the onsite HR team providing career development and performance management support.
· Act as a consultant to your client groups and provide input on the HR implications of strategic and operational decisions and plans
· Maintain a strong focus on employee relations, performance management, engagement and retention activities, including an understanding of compensation and benefits
· Support line managers by driving a performance culture through coaching, facilitating talent assessments and succession planning meetings
· Provide valuable input and expertise to your client groups in terms of South African labour law, policies and practices
· Support the delivery of appropriate training and development programs
· Ensure consistency of application of our HR policies and procedures
· Deliver on business-critical HR related projects across EU and Global networks
· Ensure alignment of HR related programs by partnering with peers and colleagues both within the Capetown site as well as across the EMEA and Global locations.
· Implement HR process improvement initiatives
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
· The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of Commercial HR within the company
· A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse” of the employee and corporate group to ensure a high level of employee engagement
· Proven knowledge and practical application of South African HR practices and employment laws
· Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
· Coaching and mentoring experience at management level
· Success in creating and driving effective development, employee relations, retention and reward programs
· Will be an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
· For us, the Culture fit is non-negotiable – you will have high energy and flexibility, fantastic communication skills and huge amounts of drive
· You will be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
· You will have a strong solution focus approach and will be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables.
-Ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
· Strong internal and external customer service focus
· Ability to develop strong working relations
· Talent to manage multiple priorities simultaneously – orientated on results – while retaining all information
· Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
· Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
– Experience of operating at a Senior HR BP / HR Manager level with demonstrated success in meeting exceptionally high standards in a high volume, fast-paced, hands-on environment
– Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Human Resources or related field is required
– Proficiency in Excel is a requirement
– English Fluency (written and spoken) is a requirement
Fluency in German would be desirable but not required