Amazon Dev Centre South Africa
ZA, Cape Town
Amazon Development Centre South Africa is looking for passionate, experienced software developers to join us and help to solve a challenging set of problems in space packed full of opportunities. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides Amazon’s developer customers with access to in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform, which developers can use to enable virtually any type of business. The Cape Town based Development Center plays a key role in building the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2).
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) is the web service that is pioneering cloud computing by providing resizable compute capacity in the cloud. It gives any developer complete control of their computing resources and lets them run on Amazon’s proven computing environment. We are continuing to build the team in order to expand on our feature set and manage our rapidly increasing scale.
The ideal candidate will be clearly passionate about the large opportunity that Amazon EC2 presents and about web services in general. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality solutions in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. If you’re looking to solve problems ranging from efficient resource allocation in the face of imperfect information, building touchless automation to manage millions of machines, or sifting through billion row databases looking for patterns then drop us a line.
Amazon.com offers a demanding, exciting and rewarding experience, with opportunities to work with the world’s best computer scientists on some of the most interesting problems.
· Strong customer focus
· 1+ years of industry experience
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
· Linux operating system development (at the kernel and device driver level)
· Experience with Ruby, Perl, Java or C/C++.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent (PhD a plus)
· Knowledge of system performance methodologies along with hands on empirical monitoring
· Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Excellent written communication and verbal agility are strong assets.
Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field