Date Listed 02/08/2016
City Centre, Cape Town
Advertised By Agency
Job Type Full-Time
Employment Equity Non EE/AA
Seven Seas Photo is a recruitment agency with the exclusive rights to hire for IMAGE PHOTO SERVICES.
IMAGE is the largest photography concession on cruise ships and we are the designated agency in South Africa as well as Southern Africa.
Grab this opportunity to earn tax free US dollars on world class cruise lines, all while exploring the world.
Make no mistake, this is hard work – but hard work is rewarded by earning US dollars and having the opportunity to explore the world and meet and make friends with people with a similar mindset from all walks of life around the world.
– Excellent English and communication skills
– You are 21 – 30 years old
– Basic photography knowledge (finished at minimum a short photography course or working as a photographer, not as a hobby)
– Positive, vibrant, outgoing personality
– You are able to finance Visa, Police clearance certificate, and FULL APPROVED medical by an IMAGE approved Doctor.
– Passport valid for at least another year.
– Commit to Image for at least 2 -3 years (you get 6 weeks holiday for every 6 month contract)
– Be available for one last interview with a representative from Image Photo Services.
– Setting up studios
– Shooting gangway as guests leave the ship in ports of call.
– Shooting embarkation when new guests board ship on first day of the cruise.
– Most likely dressing as a pirate(ships in the Caribbean) and posing with guests (loads of fun but hard work!). Different locations will have different costume shoots. I guarantee that this is so much fun that I wanted to do it even when I was a senior!
– Assist ‘smudging’ on gangway (smudging will be explained and trained, basically an aggressive polite way to take photos)
– Shooting dining room tables on formal nights (twice a week)
– Retail sales position in the photo gallery selling albums, frames, folios, cameras etc(you earn individual commission on all sales)
– POS, ringing up all photo sales.
Please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org – if no response within 2 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.