Date Listed 01/12/2014
LocationRobertson, Cape Winelands
Advertised By Agency
Job Type Full-Time
A 5* lodge in the Western Cape is currently recruiting for a Junior Sous Chef
- Hotel School Diploma in Catering/similar
- Computer literacy is essential
- A comprehensive knowledge into kitchen management, food preparation, kitchen hygiene & service
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Responsible for the daily operations of Lodges kitchen.
- Ensure that a courteous and efficient service is provided to guests in line with the Company’s vision and values
- To maintain high kitchen standards with regards to hygiene and safety.
- To stand in for the lodge chef while they are away.
- Ensure that all kitchen staff get trained to the standards the lodge chef has set. Responsible for staff rosters and management of kitchen overtime.
- Keep control of the daily readings of the fridge and freezer temperatures.
- Stock control and ordering
- Responsible for inducting all new kitchen staff and other staff who may work closely with the kitchen
- Responsible for all on job training, completion of training registers