A well recognized company, based in the CBD of Cape Town, requires the service and expertise of a Junior/Trainee Accountant within the Construction industry. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and expertise that has already been developed within the financial sector. The candidate should ideally reside in or around Cape Town CBD. Further requirements for this position, are:
Tertiary Education & Job Experience:
• Financial Accounting Diploma/Degree or any relevant financial qualification (B. Com Finance/B. Com Acc / B. Com / B.Compt ).
• Thorough knowledge of Pastel / SAGE One or SAGE X3.
• Advanced MS Office Skills (Excel & Word).
• Must have at least 1 years’ experience in a similar role
Junior/Trainee Accountant Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reconciles general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
• Provides financial status information by preparing special reports.
• Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
• Maintains general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; analyzing and reconciling retainage and accounts payable ledgers.
• Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Responsible for capturing supplier invoices and reconciliation.
• Providing assistance to Financial Manager and Financial Director when required.
• Reports to head Accountant.
To do this role, you will need to:
• Have a thorough understanding of accounting policies and procedures.
• Have excellent organizational and management skills
• Fanatical attention and consistency to detail
• Be an effective communicator & results driven.
• Have excellent numerical skills
• Be resilient and able to work well under pressure
• Fluent in English and Afrikaans
Salary – Market Related
Should you meet the above-mentioned requirements, please send a summarized CV [maximum 4 pages] as well as a cover letter with the subject: Junior/Trainee Accountant.
Applications must include valid references. If you do not receive a reply within 14 days of submitting your application, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
Closing date for applications: 31 January 2018