Date Listed 01/12/2014
LocationCity Centre, Cape Town
Advertised By Agency
Job Type Full-Time
Employment Equity EE/AA
- This position is for a Legal and Compliance advisor within the financial services industry with specific focus on the retail business unit (LISP and Manco).
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Drafting and vetting of all legal contracts for our Retail business.
· Assisting with the drafting or amendment of all retail marketing collateral, application forms, policy documents, website content, client letters etc.
· Keeping up to date with all relevant legislation and interpreting such legislation for our business unit.
· Membership of relevant ASISA or other industry committees.
· Dealing with queries from the retail business units as well as retail clients (including IFA’s and individual investors) Nature of these queries:
o Tax (incl. donations tax, estate duty, VAT).
o Exchange control.
o Legislative provisions and restrictions (other than tax and exchange control) insofar as they relate to our products (including compliance related queries).
· Production of legal summaries and other “marketing” type documentation for internal and
· Training of staff on legal and product issues.
· Advising and presenting to IFA’s on product, tax and legal/technical issues.
· Interacting with the relevant Ombudsmen and dealing with all complaints.
· Compliance monitoring in relation to FICA, FAIS and Regulation 28 as it applies to the retail business units and products.
· Contact point for suspicious transaction reporting in the retail product environment.
· Ad hoc project work (for example TCF, RDR and POPI etc.)
Qualifications and Experience:
- BComm Law or LLB (BA LLB will also be considered).
- H Dip Tax or other tax qualification an advantage.
- CFP an advantage.
- Good knowledge of investment management law and business (LTIA, FICA, FAIS, CISCA, SSA, PFA).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in financial services.
- Experience in the retail asset management industry would be advantageous.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Good communications skills.
- Must display attention to detail.
- Must be deadline driven.
- Must be proactive.
- Must have good planning and organisational skills.
- Must be able to Multi task.
- Must be a team player.
- Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups.