Date Listed 26/12/2015
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
Employment Equity Non EE/AA
• Manage all production and assist with sales aspects of South Branch Nurseries.
• Ensure all orders are processed: jobs are processed accurately, materials are maintained adequately, and it is organized and kept clean.
• Refine and expand container operation while improving quality of plant material.
• Establish and maintain a good working relationship with South Branch clients, your manager and those who report to you.
• Keep Manager informed of progress and problems on the job.
• Ensure quality of work being performed according to South Branch standards.
• Follow through with accurate paperwork as required by you and your facility.
• Maintain a positive image for South Branch in the industry.
Organize all lining out operations.
• Select fields to clear and prepare for new liners.
• Determine which liners to plant in fields depending on physical conditions (Proximity to roads, wet areas, and alkaline areas.)
• Apply herbicide as liner installation is completed.
Organize harvesting operations.
• Tag orders
• Create dig list indicating field location and ball size to dig.
• Supervise crews as to proper digging techniques and plant preparation.
• Prioritize harvesting schedule according to efficiency and customer demand
• Contact manager or customer when order is ready for shipment.
• Develop speculative dig list in conjunction with supervisor to clear fields for future planting and to add inventory for summer sales.
Oversee nursery maintenance
• Pruning-Staking-Flexing-Transplanting as necessary-Tree wrapping
• Develop spray and fertilizing program in conjunction with manager
• Spray program for insect control based on IPM (Integrated pest management) standards.
• Herbicide program based on common infestations
• Select chemicals based on safety, effectiveness, target pest, and cost
• Fertilizer program for new and existing plantings
• Assist when ever possible with South Branch sales
• Promote Goodmark sales through South Branch Nursery.
• Identify potential new customers
Supervise field staff
• Hiring of new employees-Disciplinary action-Termination as necessary
• Annual reviews of all South Branch staff
Supervise all clerical duties
• Maintain employee time sheets and fuel log
• Work with Goodmark Office Manager to keep all records
• Purchase all basic supplies for nursery including, burlap, twine, baskets, etc.
• Due cost comparison for container vs. fabric bags
• Continue improvement of holding area
• Manage irrigation for entire nursery
• Ensure that all equipment is properly utilized and cleaned. Coordinate equipment repair with the Goodmark shop manager-Basic repair and maintenance to be performed on site
• Maintain facility
o Normal upkeep and maintenance of physical structures
o Making sure site is presentable at all times (Garbage p/u, items stored in orderly manner)
o Turf around facility cut at regular intervals
• Enforce all South Branch policies and procedures, and recommend discipline as necessary.