Date Listed 20/11/2014
LocationGreen Point & Waterfront, Atlantic Seaboard
Advertised By Agency
Job Type Full-Time
PRODUCT MANAGER – V&A Waterfront
Leading wholesale and retail fashion group in South Africa, internationally recognised, seeking a Product Manager for their V&A Waterfront store.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years within a similar role within a high end retail environment.
Salary- R 12 000.00 – R 15 000.00 CTC (Depending on experience)
Driving the business
- Understands the key requirements of the role and relevant branch policies procedures and processes.
- Takes personal responsibility for contributing to the store’s performance.
- Communicates to the team clear objectives based around key targets.
- Helps to ensure that all of their back of house activities are undertaken efficiently ensuring time on the floor is a priority
Delivering the brand
- Knows and understands the brand and its objectives, guidelines and visual propositions.
- Acts as an ambassador for the brand at all times.
- Helps to motivate the team to be passionate about the brand.
- Checks and reinforces the team’s understanding of all key brand messages.
Putting the customer first
- Leads by example in terms of service delivery and demonstrates that customers come first.
- Measures service against the agreed standard and identifies actions to improve.
- Uses available customer service data to motivate the team to improve service. e.g rewards for data capture
- Recognises and takes opportunities to carry out one-to-one coaching on effective service
- Contributes to the implementation of all people management processes effectively
- Ensures that people get the recognition they deserve.
- Motivate and encourage the team.
- Is approachable
- Ensures that everyone in the team feels valued for their contribution.
- Spots winners and develops the potential of the team.
- Ensures all staff is communicated to effectively.
Working with People
- Adapts own style to different situations whilst still being viewed as consistent in their approach.
- Always considers impact on others and thinks before acting.
- Diplomatic in their dealings with the team.
- Communicates regularly to ensure everyone is aware of team objectives.
Maximising own impact
- Delivers on agreed commitments.
- Prepared to ask for help when potential issues arise.
- Assesses workload on an ongoing basis and delegates, reprioritises and re-plans to ensure completion.
- Reviews progress against plans and flexes accordingly.
- Quickly distinguishes between the important and the urgent.
- Recognises the potential to learn from their Store Manager and Assistant store manager. Is willing to share information learned with their manager.
Making the right choices
- Knows and understands the basic data and information available.
- Takes time to analyse data in detail, uses it to take action and then evaluates the action taken.
- Follows a logical process when making a decision and is able to explain that process to others.
- Presents problems to Store Manager and Assistant store manager with possible solutions in mind.
Clear credit and clear criminal record as per clients requirements
South African citizens only
Please send your CV and updated photo to Jolande at firstname.lastname@example.org