The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation’s (DTHF) mission is the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections. The DTHF works in partnership with the Western Cape Provincial Government (PGWC) on services strengthening initiatives. The “Family Planning into HIV Care and Treatment Services Project” (FPI) is one of those projects.
DTHF seeks to appoint a Project Coordinator for its FPI Project, the goal of which is to increase the overall up-take of effective Family Planning at ARV and Wellness sites at Provincial PHC Clinics.
Key duties & responsibilities
- Coordination and support in the implementation of the FPI Projects activities according to the logframe/workplan
- Collaboration with the project team to provide guidance and operational support to ensure quality technical efforts and field activities
- Engagement in ensuring quality assurance in the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of qualitative and quantitative data sets for analysis and decision making
- Preparation of project reports capturing key results in line with workplans
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise time and work effectively
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation and data management
- Effective networking and people skills – ability to engage people at all levels
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Innovative and creative, demonstrating the ability to redirect the current situation through reflection and consultation
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years work experience, 3 years at a senior management level
- Degree in public health, nursing, social work or similar
- Proficiency in developing and implementing M&E qualitative and quantitative activities
- Evaluation and impact reporting to the donor and key stakeholders detailing key results
- Proficiency in excel, access database management and the use of STATA software
- Fluency in English and a second language
- Willingness to travel and to work irregular hours
- Valid driver’s licence and own vehicle
Applicants need demonstrate considerable expertise in the above areas, as well as to have a passion for Family Planning.
This is a fixed term, 12 month contract position which is based in Cape Town at the UCT Medical School, Anzio Road.
If you meet the criteria as set out above and are interested in the position please submit an up-to-date CV with 3 contactable references plus a letter that motivates why you are suited to the position and how you will contribute to ensuring the ongoing success of all aspects of the FPI project. Please quote the name of the position you are applying for and forward your application to: The Human Resource Manager via email: email@example.com or facsimile: 021 633 0182by 13th June 2014.
Applications close: 16 June 2014
Reference number: I-2955
For enquiries, please contact Anna van Esch, on 021 650 1959, or 072 383 0970
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider you application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more information about the organization please visit our website at www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za