Job Title Civil Engineering [Senior Professional Officers] Project Managers Vacancies Available: 2
Function: Roads & Storm Water – Capital Works Programme Planning, Project Management & Monitoring, Initiate Public Works Programmes.
Employer: City of Cape Town.
Minimum Requirements (Education & Experience):
- A BTech or BSc Degree in Civil Engineering (plus, for post 1, a relevant certificate in Project Management.
- Up to 8 years experience with at least 5 years in project management, preferably in a transport, roads and stormwater environment.
- Code B (08) driver’s license.
Key Performance Areas:
· Drive the forward planning of the Capital Works programme, ensuring that the identified projects are properly scheduled, scoped and budgeted for and monitor project implementation against the plan, including initiating projects on the corporate Project Portfolio Management System.
· Scope and plan the implementation of projects.
· Identify budget requirements and motivate the same.
· Support implementing project managers.
· Monitor project implementation, including progress, budget spend and special initiatives such as the Expanded Public Works programme.
· Provide management reports.
· Ensure project closeout.
· Build capacity in the field of project, programme and portfolio management.
· Provide project management services to ensure the effective and timeous delivery of TR&S projects, including liasing with internal and external stakeholders.
· Compile technical specifications and contract documentation.
· Procure and manage the professional services required to implement projects.
· Procure and manage construction contracts.
· Ensure adequate budget provision for the various stages of the projects.
· Implement special initiatives such as the Expanded Public Works programme.
· Monitor the implementation of projects and intervene where necessary.
· Provide feedback for inclusion in various management reports.
· Build capacity by supporting Junior Project Managers.
Job Reference No: No.TRS 27/13
Annual Salary: 499,724 to 754,943 Rands per year.
Closing Date for Applications: 21 June 2013
How to Apply: Send a detailed CV and cover letter to: TransportRoads.Stormwater@capetown.gov.za
Include the Job Reference No. in your application letter.