Date Listed 24/12/2015
Advertised By Agency
Job Type Full-Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
REPORTS TO: Nursing Manager
LOCATION: Southern Suburbs & Northern Suburbs
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Matric/Grade 12
· Diploma in General Nursing
· Registered with SANC
· At least 3 years experience in general nursing and in frail care environment
· Must be able to communicate well with Elderly
NB: Empathy and the Respect of the elderly are of paramount importance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
· Assess and develop nursing care plan for each resident.
· Evaluate and review effects of care plan on patient health status
· Daily involvement with all aspects of care
· Recording of observations, care given and residents response
· Ensure that basic needs and activities of daily living are met.
· Ensure special diets given as per care plan
· Report any change in health status to Nursing Manager and/or doctor
· Implement medication and other therapy as per doctor’s prescription
· Order, store, check and record medication received and administered
· Do weekly checking and recording of schedule 5,6 and 7 drugs in the supplied drug register
· Record any falls, incidents, etc.
· Remain professionally competent
· Provide emotional support for residents and relatives
· Implement infection control measures as indicated
· Prevent abuse, victimization or discrimination of residents and staff.
· Emergency care
· Other duties that may be required from time to time by the business
START DATE: ASAP
Should you be interested in these positions or wish to learn more please send us a copy of your CV plus salary expectation to email@example.com
NB – Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, should you not hear from us in 2 weeks consider your application unsuccessful