Job Title Senior Professional Officer: Policy & Research Vacancies Available: 1
Function: Corporate Services, Strategic Development Information & GIS – Urban Development Policy, Research and Management.
Employer: City of Cape Town.
Minimum Requirements (Education & Experience):
- A postgraduate degree in Social/Natural Sciences or Humanities (a Master’s Degree would be advantageous)
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the urban development field.
- A strong background in research and information management.
- Advanced computer proficiency in the MS Office suite and well developed internet skills.
Key Performance Areas:
· Assist with urban development policy, strategy and research management processes.
· Provide support and advice on urban development research processes.
· Critically analyze and interpret socio-economic and urban development information and trends to inform decision making.
· Monitor urban development indicators and trends.
· Coordinate strategic information and research initiatives.
· Manage projects
Job Reference No: No.CS 24/13
Annual Salary: 499,724 Rands per year.
Closing Date for Applications: 18 June 2013
How to Apply: Send a detailed CV and cover letter to: Corporate.Services@capetown.gov.za
Include the Job Reference No. in your application letter.