Date Listed 20/11/2014
LocationOther, Cape Town
Advertised By Private
Job Type Full-Time
Location: Durbanville Central Office
Report to: General Manager
This is a support role to buying, planning and logistics in the Pepkor supply chain. It is focused on process analysis, improvement/ design, implementation and execution across all functional dimensions of the supply chain, with a key objective being perfect order fulfilment, in support of achieving departmental and company goals.
• Relevant degree in Industrial Engineering/ Logistics, with process & systems thinking essential
• Experience in a supply chain or related role
• Retail knowledge and experience will be an advantage
• Project management ability will be an advantage
• Advanced level of computer skills (MS Office)
• Specific skills: Communication, Attention to detail; Relationship management, Leadership, Decision making, Analytical reasoning
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
• Facilitate critical event and exception management of the day-to-day supply chain activities to ensure plans are met
• Manage supply chain activities which differ from plan, to meet overall objectives
• Review end-to-end supply chain processes of the departments in order to identify efficiency improvements and implement new or enhanced processes
• Manage supply chain process-related projects in the departments by appropriately leading, participating, advising and aligning as agreed and prioritised
• Provide input into and track supply chain key performance indicators and measurements, Including continuous improvement initiatives; service levels; cost measurement/ reduction
• A self-starter who is deadline driven and results orientated with a proven track record of achievements
• A very good overall business understanding
• Demonstrated problem solving capabilities in a complex business environment
• Must be a team player
• Good interpersonal and communications skills. Ability to deal with all levels of staff and management.
• Be able to build relationships with customers and suppliers.
• Deadline and quality driven in pressurised corporate environment.
• Be prepared to travel
Closing date: 28 NOVEMBER 2014
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
Pepkor Logistics strives for equal opportunity in terms of its employment equity guidelines.