The Networking team has responsibilities focused
around the smooth running of our customer’s network environments.
As the 3rd
Line Specialist for Networking in the MSC you will help set the technical
strategy for networking customers around Incident, Problem and Change
Management. You will work with the Enterprise Performance Management team to
define Event Management and reporting best practise to support Problem
management. You will work alongside Project, Transition and Service Delivery
management teams to assist in the smooth transition and acceptance of new
customers and technologies into the MSC.
role is the highest point of technical escalation within the MSC for networking
customers as such you will be expected to participate in high impact, high
urgency incidents where prompt resolution and root cause analysis is required.
Your technical experience as well as your strong troubleshooting skills will be
paramount in this role.
- Knowledge of Cisco wireless products
- Knowledge and experience of security products/appliances e.g.
Cisco ASA, Juniper Firewalls
- Knowledge of Spectrum and other Cisco management tools e.g.
Cisco Works LMS/UOM
- Experience with Cisco Nexus Switches
with Cisco core routing and switching
- Recognised as an expert in field
- Able to guide & instruct technical staff, challenging behaviour
- At least six years’ experience in a network environment
- Experience with a Managed Service Provider
- A structured and methodical approach to complex problem
determination and solving
- Ability to work in a very busy and highly pressurised
- A detailed and accurate approach to undertaking all duties
- The ability to communicate both verbally and electronically
in a clear, professional manner.
- A good listener, with the ability to communicate technical
issues and resolutions to people of varying technical levels.
- The ability to work without supervision and to maintain a
high level of motivation and productivity
· Able to deal with high impact, high profile
incidents, problems and changes
· Client focussed and with customer care / services
· Numerate and literate with an eye for detail
· Professional & diligent
- A team player but able to work independently and be
- Enthusiastic, energetic and confident
- Strong PC skills