Vacancy – International Equity Research Analyst (2-year contract)
Location: Cape Town, ZA
Manage Self: Professional
FAIS Affected – Yes
To research and evaluate international equity investment opportunities (non-JSE listed companies) to generate recommendations for Nedbank Private Wealth’s high-net worth clients.
- Improved Processes and Culture
- Managed Client and Relationship Results
- Achieved Management and Process Results
- Contributed to Financial and Business Results
- Managed Self
Improved Processes and Culture
Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.). Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (e.g.. Green Strategy).Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
• Managed Client and Relationship Results
Deliver investment advice to clients to meet their expectations. Participate in investment strategy meetings to present and formulate investment opportunities. Engage external service providers and key stakeholders associated with investment opportunities.
Achieved Management and Process Results
Formulate investment recommendations in accordance with Nedbank’s investment framework. Vote shareholder proxies in accordance with Nedbank’s Responsible Investment Framework.
• Contributed to Financial and Business Results
Generate research reports and investment recommendations to enable investment decisions. Conduct financial analysis of listed companies in line with Nedbank’s evaluation framework. Contribute to Nedbank’s investment strategy discussions to formulate house views.
Support the achievement of the business strategy; objectives and values by reviewing Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems; process; services and solutions are aligned. Identify training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from management. Ensure all personal development plan activities are completed within specified timeframe. Share knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction. Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders’ businesses by highlighting benefits in support of the implementation of recommendations.
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Undergraduate degree in Economics / Investment Management / Actuarial Science / Mathematics and / or Statistics is essential. (or a relevant Undergrad Degree with relevant subjects or modules)
- A Postgraduate Degree – in Economics / Investment Management / Actuarial Science / Mathematics and / or Statistics is essential. (or a relevant Undergrad Degree with relevant subjects or modules)
- Enrolled in the CFA programme
- FAIS representative and preferably a Key Individual
FAIS RE 1 (Key Individual)
Minimum Experience Level
1-3 years’ experience in an investment research or related role.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Banking knowledge
- Banking procedures
- Business principles
- Business terms and definitions
- Business writing
- Communication Strategies
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Industry trends
- Microsoft Office
- Principles of financial management
- Principles of project management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Research methodology
- Decision-making process
- Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge
- Business Acumen
- Building Trust
- Continuous Learning
- Contributing to Team Success
- Work Standards
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566