A busy, dynamic IT Services company in
London and Woodstock Cape Town requires a Receptionist to join our friendly
team with at least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
Purpose of the role
- Be the front face for the branch.
- It is the receptionist’s role to ensure that callers and
customers are taken care of and that a good business image is given to the
our front desk on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative and
- Assist all departments.
- Full responsibility of the
switchboard which includes receiving calls, taking and disseminating
- Promptly answer phones.
- Receive guests/visitors.
- Project good communication
skills and announcing the organization’s name when answering incoming
- Be accurate when transferring
calls, ensuring that the calls are transferred to the respective
- Be accurate when dealing with
queries, make sure you know for which department the call is for before
- Ensure that you encompass sound
knowledge of various job functions so as to correctly transfer calls
- Deliver messages to respective
- General office administration
to ensure the smooth running of the office
Knowledge and qualifications:
- Computer literate
- Minimum of 2 years working
experience in a similar role
- Matric or equivalent including
English and Mathematics
- Appreciation of an environment
of Policies & Procedures and its continuous improvement.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent telephone
- Strong administrative and
- Creative approach to obtain and
- Ability to communicate
effectively with colleagues and customers both verbally and in writing.
- To be analytical and formulate
- Attention to detail.
- Listening skills
- Excellent English written and verbal skills essential
- Results orientated & Target
- Relationship building.
- Strong organizational skills,
be able to prioritize varied workloads and work to strict deadlines.
- Detail orientated, self-starter
and excellent time management skills.
- Excellent customer facing,
communications and phone skills.
- Commercially aware.
- Enthusiastic, ability to
motivate others and a positive willingness to get involved.
The successful candidate must be able
and willing to get involved in a wide variety of activities that are likely to
be beyond the normal definition of the above job role. The company promotes active learning and encourages
staff to develop their individual careers and believes that the environment