Sales & Marketing Manager for African Distributor Markets
Cape Town Area, South Africa
Keys Duties & Responsibilities
We are looking for a dynamic “can-do” manager to take full commercial responsibility for its rapidly growing battery business across Sub-Saharan Africa (excluding South Africa). The successful candidate will manage the brand via a network of full-service distributors and his/her measures will include:
1) sales and profit growth;
2) development of brand equity/share in key focus markets;
3) development and implementation of appropriate marketing strategies and materials;
4) expansion of the brand into new territories and channels.
The role will report to the Category Leader (Marketing Director) and will work closely with the Sub-Saharan GM as well as Finance and Supply Chain teams, together with the EIMEA brand team.
- Excellent thinking and problem-solving skills
- A marketer or sales professional with a strong commercial track record
- Experience of working in African markets, ideally in the consumer goods industry
- A track record of showing leadership and initiative
- A strong sense of resilience and the ability to improve systems and processes to help manage the complexity of multiple markets/distributors
- Ability to develop beyond this role to becoming a sales/commericial or marketing leader
- A history of working effectively with others
- A strong history of ownership or results and drive of stewardship
Ideally supported with:
- A strong degree, ideally in Commerce/Business or Marketing
- Experience in brand management (including media planning, trial building, point of sale material development, brand training)
- Experience, or exposure to, in distributor management
- Strong negotiation skills
- The ability to speak French would be of some assistance
Based at Duracell’s offices in Sea Point, Cape Town – but with the expectation of extensive travel into market (estimated on average 25% of time, but could at times be longer).
Only applications that meet the above key requirements will be considered.
Consumer Goods · 1001-5000 employees · Privately Held
Duracell is the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of high performance alkaline batteries, complemented by a strong portfolio of specialty cells and rechargeable. Duracell batteries power many devices across the globe like torches, heart rate monitors, smoke detectors, game consoles, headphones or toys such as the Hasbro lightsaber.
As the leader in the personal power category, Duracell has a rich history of innovation continuously introducing batteries that are more compact, more powerful and longer lasting than competitor brands.
Having recently found its permanent home within Berkshire Hathaway (ranked #4 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine), Duracell will continue to focus on sustainable growth, industry-leading innovation and creating long term value for our customers and consumers. At Duracell integrity, end to end accountability across all levels, fast decision making and a “can do” attitude are highly valued. Powered by those, Duracell – a multi-national and multi-cultural company – is committed to become the world’s undisputed #1 Alkaline Battery Company.
Duracell is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of any factor prohibited by applicable laws and regulations, including, but not limited to: race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, military status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other factors prohibited by law.