Location: Cape Town, ZA
Manage Self: Professional
To enable learning and development for internal and external Nedbank stakeholders through analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of learning solutions in order to achieve Nedbank’s strategic objectives.
- Conduct analysis on business imperatives and identified needs
- Determine the scope of work of specific learning interventions, including deliverables and timeframes, and conduct needs analysis .
- Deliver Learning and Development (L&D) solutions through learning interventions that are aligned with business and cluster strategic intent.
- Apply L&D practices by keeping abreast of industry trends (Financial sector and Education, Training & Development) and legislative requirements.
- Coordinate identified L&D initiatives and cluster projects
- Enable role competence as described in the curricula per role
- Make recommendation to business by identifying trends and providing feedback on identified success factors, risks and gaps
- Make recommendations to the Learning and Development Manager if material should be developed in-house
- Consult with clients through regular interactions to develop an understanding of their business context, structure and needs
- Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders through consultation, understanding their requirements and accommodating needs.
- Build and maintain relationships in external stakeholders by ensuring contracted deliverables are met.
- Monitor own performance by tracking delivery against scheduled activities and learning evaluations and taking corrective actions when required.
- Meet required business needs by engaging with business and determining the preferred method / medium of learning transfer.
- Design and develop the required learning intervention, assessment and learning aids whilst ensuring they are appropriately positioned
- Determining objectives for learner, business outcome desired and level of learner audience.
- Obtain sign off of learning material/interventions by relevant stakeholders.
- Determine if business areas would require change management interventions through analysis of current and (to-be) redesigned process maps.
- Plan utilisation of resources.
- Create an implementation plan/ learning proposal
- Mitigate risk by identifying deviations from contracted plans and processes and escalating as required.
- Resolve work obstacles by putting contingency plans in place and managing on a case-by-case basis.
- Ensure accurate tracking and reporting of learning interventions
- Contribute to development of procedures, processes and standards
- Ensure accuracy of learning material content with regard to product, processes, systems and legislative requirements
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values
- Identify training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from management.
Ensure all personal development plan activities are completed within specified timeframe.
- Share knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders’ businesses
Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals
Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives
Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems .
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Professional Qualifications/Honour’s Degree
Relevant HR diploma or degree, specialisation in Learning and Development, ODETDP diploma /certificate, qualifications in area of specialisation.
Type of Exposure
- Conducting root cause analysis
- Analysing situations or data that require an in depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Designed and Developed Learning Intervention
- Coordinating and gaining commitment from internal stakeholders
- Facilitation of workshop/training
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Change Management
- Writing business proposals.
- Conducting a needs analysis.
- Communicating complex information in writing and verbally
- Identifying trends.
- Using different approaches in new work situations
Minimum Experience Level
3 – 5 years experience in a Unit Trust environment. Technical Training experience is non-negotiable.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Banking knowledge
- Banking procedures
- Business principles
- Business terms and definitions
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Microsoft Office
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge
- Industry specific knowledge
- Industry trends
- Operational Decision Making
- Managing Work (includes Time Management)
- Customer Focus
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
Please contact the Nedbank Wealth Recruitment – 011 294 1237.