Location: Cape Town, ZA
Advert Closing Date
14 June 2017
To provide world class service by attending to Bulk Teller transactions, Treasury movements and by referring cross sell opportunities to sales staff.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank culture building initiatives (e.g. Surveys etc.).
- Achieve business strategy (e.g. Green Strategy) by participating and supporting corporate responsibility initiatives.
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and add value to Nedbank.
- Act as Brand ambassador by displaying appropriate behaviour and Nedbank values.
- Ensure accuracy and prevent fraud, minimise risks and losses by authenticating clients, transactions and by following relevant procedure and policies.
- Prevent fraud, minimise risks and losses by working accurately; referring discrepancies with client authentication and procedures, and any occurrences outside of policy to the Team Leader.
- Comply with risk standards and take corrective action (i.e. investigations of inter-teller transfers) by confirming actual cash on hand and bank cheques on hand balances (i.e. include branch holdings / treasury) against system balances, at start of day, end of day and at regular intervals.
- Manage Bulk Teller limit by transferring surplus cash to treasury according to policy.
- Accept surplus funds from Tellers by indexing the transaction and counting funds and by dropping the funds into the drop safe.
- Minimise losses and ensure corrective action is taken as per procedure and policy by immediately declaring discrepancy in Bulk Teller cash, treasury on hand, bank cheques on hand balances against system balances and bulk stock in treasury to management.
- Meet technical, company standards and practices, by processing inter-bank transfers; preparing all transactional documents and originals (WASTE) in waste bags by the required deadline for hand over to couriers.
- Identify and resolve work obstacles and problems effectively, by checking and ensuring the accuracy of deposits and withdrawals and by following processes and procedures relating the Bulk Teller.
- Provide sales leads and enable cross-selling (without advising) of products by identifying, making suggestions, and referring to the relevant department for action.
- Improve performance and implement advice by keeping abreast with policy changes, implementing branch priority mail and adhering to performance scorecard measures.
- Remain current and stay abreast of Nedbank risk and compliance requirements by reading the relevant newsletters, websites and attending sessions.
- Improve personal capability and future growth by identifying training courses.
- Create and manage own career through guidance and support of Team Leader, department and colleagues.
- Understand and support the Nedbank values in all business processes through all engagement opportunities.
- Contribute to the achievement of team goals by ensuring own participation.
- Understand and consistently meet client needs by providing world class service to clients, by greeting, listening, asking questions and keeping clients in the loop.
- Deliver on identified client needs by following the appropriate process and procedures and through providing feedback, satisfying client needs, building client relationships and through client retention.
- Ensure effective internal relationships create synergy by living the Nedbank values and working as a team to achieve common goals.
- Build and maintain internal and external vendor and supplier relationships through effective communication, living the Nedbank values and acting professional.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
Minimum Experience Level
3 – 4 Years Teller experience in a Banking environment.
- Applied Learning
- Building Partnerships
- Building Trust
- Customer Focus
- Stress Tolerance
- Managing Work (includes Time Management)
- Quality Orientation
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566