UCT’s Clinical Research Centre (CRC) seeks to appoint a permanent full-time Administrative Assistant, reporting to the Deputy Director, as soon as possible.
· Grade 12
· A relevant post-matriculation diploma or degree (e.g. secretarial, office administration, bachelor’s degree) or equivalent would be preferable
· At least 2 years’ secretarial or administrative experience
· Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and email
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Self-motivation and the ability to take initiative and be proactive
· Good time-management skills
· The ability to work independently and as part of a team
· A mature and professional attitude
· Academic administration
· Administrative support to the Deputy Director and staff of the Centre.
· Front-office reception and secretarial assistance to the Directorate’s staff
· General financial and leave administration
· Organization of meetings and workshops
· Staff travel arrangements
The annual cost of employment, including benefits, is between R203,905 and R239,896.
To apply, please e-mail the completed UCT Application form (HR201) and all other relevant documentation as indicated on the form, clearly indicating “Administrative Assistant: CRC” followed by the reference number in the subject line to Bonny Diener (email@example.com).
The application form can be downloaded at http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/sapweb/forms/hr201.doc
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Address: Clinical Research Centre, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town, Old Main Building, Groote Schuur Hospital, J52, Observatory, 7925
Telephone: +27 21 406 6281 Faculty/Departmental website: http://www.health.uct.ac.za/
Reference number: I-2963
Closing date: 19 June 2014
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.