Job Title: Assistant Duty Controller Vacancies Available: 2
Function: Assist the SAR Duty Controller with all routine functions as well as during SAR operations
Centre: Seawatch and Response, Cape Town
Employer: South African Maritime Safety Authority (SAMSA)
Job Reference No: N/A
Minimum Educational Requirements:
· Grade 12 with Mathematics
· Masters Certificate of Competency (Coastal)
· National Diploma in Maritime Studies or relevant qualification will be an added advantage.
· Assist to obtain information on the emergency.
· Assist to ascertain the type of emergency equipment carried by the missing or distressed craft.
· Assist in gathering information on prevailing environmental conditions.
· Assist to obtain movements and location of vessels.
· Assist to plot the area to be sketched.
· Assist in developing the sketch action plan.
· Assist in the dispatch of SAR facilities.
· Assist in arranging briefing and debriefing of SAR personnel.
· Collecting all reports from any source that could modify the search action plan.
· Assist in arranging for refueling and make arrangements for the accommodation of SAR personnel.
· Assist in arranging for delivery of supplies to sustain survivors.
· Assist to maintain in chronological order, an accurate and up-to-date record with a plot, where necessary of all proceedings.
· Assist in releasing SAR facilities when assistance is no longer required.
· Assist in preparing a final report on the results of the operation.
· Assist in monitoring operational communications and distress, urgency and safety communications.
· Collect information on search and rescue units to ensure they get underway without delay.
· Collect information on resource readiness standards to minimize resource unavailability.
· Collect information on geographic sites of SAR facilities.
· Ensure optional placement for projected distress incidents.
· Timeous and appropriate action taken.
· Accurate transfer of information.
· Operational readiness.
· Accuracy of data capturing.
Annual Salary: Not stated
Closing Date for Applications: 14 June 2013
How to Apply: Send your CV to:
Doreen Neo Moeng
You should be contacted within one month from the closing date, if not, then consider your application unsuccessful.