Job Title Director Supply Chain Management Vacancies Available: 1
Function: Provide strategic direction for Supply Chain Management in the department, Procurement advice and implementation including assessment, Contract Management, Moveable Asset and Inventory Management in all departments, Financial & Human Resources Planning and Management.
Employer: – Dpt of Health, Head Office, Cape Town, Western Cape Government
Job Reference No: N/A
Minimum Educational Requirements:
· Appropriate Degree or Diploma
- Extensive experience in procurement
- Broad knowledge of strategic sourcing
- Extensive experience in Supply Chain Management on a managerial level.
- Experience in handling litigation involving procurement matters
Competences (Knowledge & Skills):
- Proven knowledge of SCM procedures, preferential procurement and BBBEE
- Proven knowledge of inventory and asset management
- Knowledge of SCM systems
- Excellent networking and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Strong conceptual and formulation skills
- Strong leadership team building and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy (Windows,Word,Excel)
- Proficiency in at least 2 of the 3 official languages spoken in the Western Cape
Annual Salary: 771,306 Rands per year (partly custom structured package)
Closing Date for Applications: 5 July 2013
How to Apply: Only postal or hand-delivered applications are accepted. You must fill the government Z83 Application Form .Download application form on >> Z83 Form
No Faxed or Emailed Applications. Candidates can apply for more than 1 post using separate forms.
If you do not receive any communication within 3 months from the closing date – 10 June 2013, then accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Send your job application to:
Miss C. Versfeld
Human Resources Management,
Department of Health,
Cape Town 8000
Enquiries about this Job Vacancy can be directed to:
Mr. J Jooste – Telephone: 021 483 4479
Toll Free: 0800 60 1011
Documents to be sent with your Application: Z83 Application Form, CV, Recently Certified Photocopies (Personal ID, Driver’s License, Educational Qualifications).Please quote the job reference number in your application.