Job # 1652253/3058: General Foreman (REF CV4) (Group Five Civil)
Johannesburg Gauteng (South Africa)
Posted by Group Five Construction (PTY) Ltd on 06/06/2014
Job # 1652253/3058
The purpose of the job is to ensure construction activities comply with contract specifications and requirements
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
· monitor subcontractor performance
· liaise with other Foremen to discuss operational complexities and programming
· monitor daily costing and productivity of labour and plant
· technical background coupled with drive and goal orientation
· hands-on and detailed knowledge of concrete, formwork, rebar, earthworks and services
· minimum 10 years in the local heavy civil construction industry
· timely procurement of materials, plant and equipment
· planning civil/structural engineering work assignments
· producing method statements
· quality control procedures
· safety and first aid codes of good practice
· the civil/structural engineering requirements and quality standards of the function/industry
· the civil/structural function and its contribution to the project
Civil Engineering, which includes the Roads and Earthworks business, is one of three main businesses that comprise the construction arm of Group Five Limited, with the others being Building and Housing and Engineering Projects.
Apply online before 06/07/2014.
Suitably qualified candidates should email their CVs,clearly stating the reference number(s) of the position(s) being applied for in the subject line, to:
Alternatively, CVs may be faxed to 086 299 7823 or application made online at www.groupfive.co.za quoting the relevant reference number.